Saturday, March 30, 2013

Best text to speech part 2 Review of Imtranslator




Best Text to Speech options part 2
I'll be talking about what I feel is the top eight or ten software programs for text to speech.  The first one on our list is Im Translator, and these are not in any particular order.  We'll be talking about what I've learned from using this program and from testing it.





Imtranslator
I'm Translator is an on line text to speech and translator, you can use it to imbed into your web site for non noncommercial use. The reader would be to me a 8 on a 1 to 10 scale. As far as I can tell this is a free product as long as it is not used commercially.

I downloaded this to firefox as an ad on it seems safe and works really good.  Once it's on your browser you can right click on any set of text, and it will do various tasks. If you want to read a section of text that is 1000 characters highlight the text and then right click on the text and click on Imtranslator tools then over to Imtranslator tts.

The reader is really good, he pauses very well at periods and commas.  I did notice he does not seem to recognizance the & sign. I used it also to translate something one of my German friends said, I really liked it, there was about four options to decide which translation I wanted to go with. I can't speak German so I can't say how well it worked, but it did give me the idea of what he was trying to say. 



Here is a sample and another screen shot.  I think this is really a cool bit of software and I give it a rating of 8.  I would give it a ten if it would read more words at a time and if you could ave it to mp3.


I must say I tried to use their embed code and at this time it is not working. But here is the link. http://tts.imtranslator.net/Oje8


Pro's 
You can print, change voices, get a translation. The pop up screen has a dictionary, a spell check. You can email your pop up box. Embed it, change the text size. It has about every language you could ask for. It's really nice when you're too tired to read to be able to just highlight something, right click on something and have a nice sounding voice read something to you. I really like this program.

Con's 
A con I have is that I could not find anywhere to create an account, or to save the work as a mp3 file. I'm not saying that you can't do either, I just did not find these options. Now and then on the main page the pop up window will not expand, but if you are using the downloaded version it opens just fine.  There are a lot of adds and commercials since this program is free. All in all it's a handy little piece of software.

I found several ways to find this program so I'll post the links
Imtranslator Home
Translate & Speak
Compare Translations
Try it for yourself and hear the quality here
Screen shots are from imtranslator.

Rating 8 out of 10

Thanks for reading and come back soon to find out more about the best text to speech out there.
Don't forget to subscribe by email 






Samantha Fury is the author of  the Street Justice Series
She's written many articles on book covers, for Indie Authors.  
She operates several Indie Groups. Editing Services, Cover Artist, 
Helpful Indie Facebook Groups, and a wonderful Forum 
just for Indie Authors.


Images thanks to Bigstock photographers. 
Javier Brosch
Edward Fielding

Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. Mom just got home from getting 5 new stichtes. Here I am going to bed at 6 a.m. Not a good thing. I hope to soon get som...